Monday, September 6, 2010

Photo of the Day

This is an ode to the beautiful city we reside in. I wont say live because that would be short selling it. This city does so much more.... it makes you feel alive.
I had a bit of a setback in my college life today. I must be growing up a little since i accepted it far better than i ever thought was possible. Instead of breaking down and getting disheartened I decided to accept my share of blame for what happened and look at what i can do to turn the situation around. And it was a blessing in disguise because I am going to take this oppurtunity to pause and reflect and look back at the things that i should have done differently this past year and learn from my mistakes.
As i was pondering on the way forward i decided to get out of the house and go take a walk to clear my head. And that's where the magic of the city overtakes you. It sneaks up to you when you're down and creeps into your pores and makes itself comfortable while it inspires you. There's so much to see on a simple evening walk...cars whizzing by, old people resolutely exercising, dogs dragging their owners. This city invites you to take a piece of it and call it your own, to mould bits of it and define it as yours.
I saw an old gentleman who was carrying an ancient radio on his arm and singing loudly to the music it blared. I guess you're never too old to feel alive. I realised that at the end of the day it doesn't matter what everyone says.. what matters is that you should remain true to yourself.
So, on this Monday, the 6th of September I'm making a new start.

Here's to following your own heart.
Here's to standing out in the crowd.




Have an invigorating week : )

No comments:

Post a Comment