Friday, December 17, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Caught on camera at an incredible 1/40,000ths of a second these photos show the spectacular moment water balloons pop - at speeds normally too quick to see.
See the rest here ! Trust me, you dont want to miss seeing them!
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Aren't they just exquisite?
If you"re in Chennai you should definitely go visit their store.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
1. The holiday season.
Fairy lights rank high amongst my all time favourite things.
( credit : Live before you die : bon jovi )"You learn to love to live,
You fight and you forgive,
You learn what's wrong and right,
You live before you die."
8. Street art in pretty colour combinations :)
Monday, December 6, 2010
Hence im sending flowers to all of you! Tomorrow's a new day!
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Meredith: "When we say things like "people don't change" it drives scientist crazy because change is literally the only constant in all of science. Energy. Matter. It's always changing, morphing, merging, growing, dying. It's the way people try not to change that's unnatural. The way we cling to what things were instead of letting things be what they are. The way we cling to old memories instead of forming new ones. The way we insist on believing despite every scientific indication that anything in this lifetime is permanent. Change is constant. How we experience change that's up to us. It can feel like death or it can feel like a second chance at life. If we open our fingers, loosen our grips, go with it, it can feel like pure adrenaline. Like at any moment we can have another chance at life. Like at any moment, we can be born all over again."
Grey's Anatomy : Season 7 Episode 1
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Its been a hectic week and now all I want is a lazy weekend.
in my weeen wishlist...
1. Sitting on this bench in a garden with the sun on my face.
2. Taking off just to make a quick trip and to see new faces..
3. Eating fresh fruit with lots of chilled whipped cream... aah!
Monday, November 29, 2010
This is in tribute to my very best friends. You know what they say.. best friends are like family... only more special, because they have no moral obligation to stand by you...well that applies to us.. We're not like family.. we are family. And I am so grateful for having them in my life.
Its about the tiny little moments.Some of those that come to mind are...
Running down the street and getting drenched in the rain and the waves of the sea.
Having so much to talk about that conversations are frequently cut and topics are so frequently changed that if an outsider was listening he would think that we were crazy.
Its in continuing conversations that started weeks ago like they happened yesterday
Its in making birthday cards with gushy messages and old faded photographs.
Its saying the truth even when it may hurt... and keeping quiet when its needed.
Its about sticker machines and cramped carpools.
Its about code words and secret languages and tents made of blankets and chairs.
Its about barbies and pollypocket and make believe jobs
It is the comfortable silence which has no need to be filled up
Its about forgiveness and endless chances
Its in cheese toasties and mini pizzas and masala french fries
Its in borrowed books, clothes and jewellery
Its in passionate arguments and stormy fights and angry tears and emotional apologies
Its in crying your heart out in the middle of a crowded green lawn
Its in pretty dresses, mis matching earrings, tottering high heels and wide smiles
Its in knowing that though it might feel lonely sometimes, you"ll never be alone
Its in teasing smiles and knowing looks and endless giggles.. and ofcourse swiss knives and getaway cars.
Its about hidden jokes and shared secrets
Its in piling your hair atop your head and acting ten years older
Its in taking chances again and again.
Its about being one and yet being yourself.
Its about being worried when one third of you is being hurt.
Its about wanting the best for one another and helping each others dreams come true.
Its bout taking each others side and being loyal even when the whole world laughs at you.
Its in singing stupid songs on the way to an exam.
Its in long drives with the wind blowing through our hair.
Its in imitating a wedding dance from across the street.
Its in the tears which are shed, the hugs that are shared and the hearts that are mended.
Its simply in knowing what is in strawberries and cream. :)
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
I just came across the most wonderful book.. one that is sure to be re-read many times over.
It's called the "Palace of Illusions" and is written by Chitra Banerjee Devakaruni.
Its a novel which relates the story of the Mahabharata through the eyes of Panchaali ( also known as Draupadi ), the wife of the Pandavas. It is a new take on the Mahabharata and what makes it so interesting is that is told in a modern way and through the eyes of a woman. I absolutely love the way she writes too. I plan on going through the book over the weekend and maybe I'll share some of my favourite parts here for you to enjoy too. Get your hands on the nearest copy, you don't want to miss this!
Also, remember when i mentioned that i plan on listening to new music. I am happy to say that the journey is underway... I heard "Pictures at an Exhibition" by Mussorgsky...I think I need to listen to a little more of his compilations before I recognise the genius of this one. And today I'm going to listen to "Get up, stand up" by Marley.
Any favourites you think I should listen to? Do let me know!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
1. Cranberry juice.Anytime, anywhere.
2. Making lists on new notebook paper.
3. The cool breeze coming in through my window.
4. The anticipation and excitement of giving my room a make over.
5. The latest Grey's Anatomy episode. How cool was Yang as a bartender?
6. This quote
" Dreams become reality one choice at a time "7. This photo.
This might be the only reason why I don't hate traffic jams.
1. I'm trying harder to be thankful for what i have and the small bits of good fortune that follow me on a day to day basis.
Its easy to get angry for wishes that aren't granted. It s much harder to accept things the way they are and still hope and work towards a better future.
2. Its impossible to be untouched by inspiration if you're lucky enough to have studied in a school housed in a building as beautiful as mine. I think my love affair with architecture truly started the first time i climbed its glorious wooden staircase.
3. Tiny gifts are given at the most unexpected of times. I was patiently waiting for a friend and a lovely lady gave me this fallen imli as she went about her daily job of cleaning the garden. She could have easily kept it for herself but instead she offered it to me :) it made me feel special :)
Saturday, November 20, 2010
1. Learning about different types of music... I just finished reading the book ' Pillow Talk' by Freda North. Though the book by itself was okay , what stayed with me after was the big part that music played in the life of one of the main characters. Yes we all know that music influences our moods, behaviour and thoughts. But not many of use strive to reach out and learn about the new genres of music.. and there are so many! It looks like this adventure is going to bring me lots of joy> I hope you'll enjoy it too as I'll be sharing my thoughst on the songs that I love and few of the lyrics that inspire me.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
These are some of the sights that are making me extremely happy!
1. colourful bottles all lined up in a row :)
3. The sun making ordinary dust on a windowsill look magical.
4. Blurry photos that speak of relaxing evenings gone by...
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
I thought they should be a nice match of details, random jobs that people do that we don't even think of, textures and of course colour! Enjoy : )
Also , do comment on the work spaces and feet series. I would love to hear your thoughts. Both good or bad!
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
It can a bolt of a colour in a dreary room, a soft cushion in a room of glass and steel, a simple flower in a solemn environment or a ceramic vase in a room full of heavy textures.
Details. They complete the story.