Thursday, September 16, 2010

Photo of the day : let the festivities begin!

I love this time of the year! it heralds the start of the festive season... the rains are beginning to stop their non stop downpour , the air is cool but not humid and on most evenings there's a soft breeze flowing as you take a walk...
Ganesh Chaturti celebrations are in full gear.. its one of my favourite festivals. It's always a delight to see the city come alive with colour, lights and dancing people thronging the streets!
I thought i would share some of the joy with you below!


There is so much love and care put into all the decorations.. it truly is a feast for the eyes!
And i love how the end of the monsoons is heralded by bright summer colours!





I dont know about the rest of you but I'll be taking out a few moments each day to savour the last bit of rain before it dries up.. you may be sick of it now, but trust me you'll be longing for it once the october heat hits!



No comments:

Post a Comment