Monday, May 23, 2011

Photo of the Day : The Dastkar exhibition

I went to the Dastkar Exhibition that was held at the Coomaraswami Hall last wekk. WHat greeted me were riots of colour, beautiful craftmenship and one of a kind handcrafted pieces. This exhibition is held annually all over India and if you mustn't miss the chance to visit it. There is so much variety to choose from.. from household knick knacls to beautiful clothes, jewellery and bags.
The best part? There are no middlemen involved and the profits go directly to the artists and craftsmen ! :)
I thought I would share some of the photos with you!






Lovely dupattas








Just look at the textures and colours!


I must say.. this is the kind of colour blocking I love!






Intricate details






Beautiful summery shoes






Love at first sight!




Such rich colours!





Exquisite block printing








This parrot handle atop this woven basket made me smile :)





Speechless.





Exquisitely detailed leather bags.






Highlights








And one of my favourites.. all kinds of beaded bangles!

No comments:

Post a Comment