Friday, September 16, 2011

Makes Me Think

The days just seem to keep passing me by with nothing truly fruitful to show. And then I come across something that makes me wonder just where I am going, what I want to do and why I continue to delude myself by making excuses.
Sometimes, we just need a kick on our rear to put things in perspective.


 I came across this wonderful project, "The Dirty Wall" which inspired me enough to share it with you.
Kane Ryan and his project have managed to transform a pocket of the slum in Saki Naka, creating a playground from a garbage dump and expand a 140 square feet classroom into a 700 square foot two-storey school with 12 computers! 
Kane Ryan goes back to Canada for 2 to 3 months to earn the money for this and then comes back and works in India for  6 months. 
I guess when you truly feel passionate enough about something you find the will to do it!
To contact Ryan, email him on  dirtywallproject@gmail.com or visit dirtywallproject.com
Read more about the story on Mumbai Boss, here
Image via Mumbai Boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment