Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Little Less Conversation

"A Little Less Conversation " is a compilation of all the things ( big or small ) that seem to inspire me. You know them... the ones that just make you want curl up in a corner, make yourself comfy as you soak in how wonderful they truly are!

I just came across the most wonderful book.. one that is sure to be re-read many times over.
 It's called the "Palace of Illusions" and is written by Chitra Banerjee Devakaruni.
Its a novel which relates the story of the Mahabharata through the eyes of Panchaali ( also known as Draupadi ), the wife of the Pandavas. It is a new take on the Mahabharata and what makes it so interesting is that is told in a modern way and through the eyes of a woman. I absolutely love the way she writes too. I plan on going through the book over the weekend and maybe I'll share some of my favourite parts here for you to enjoy too. Get your hands on the nearest copy, you don't want to miss this!



Also, remember when i mentioned that i plan on listening to new music. I am happy to say that the journey is underway... I heard "Pictures at an Exhibition" by Mussorgsky...I think I need to listen to a little more of his compilations before I recognise the genius of this one. And today I'm going to listen to "Get up, stand up" by Marley.
Any favourites you think I should listen to? Do let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment